This section contains information concerning inviting members to the GAA app. To allow a member to register via the GAA app, administrators are required to assign the correct member type and membership category to a member and initiate the membership subscription for a member on the GAA Management System.
Membership Subscription Page
This page provides club administrators with the ability to register club members for the current season. At the start of each registration period this page will list all the members that were registered for the previous season and who have now become unregistered. This page allows club administrators to register club members via the GAA app or via the GAA Management System.
The following details are displayed for each member:
Members who have not been registered for the current season will have a red X icon beside their name.
Registration In progress -
Members who are currently in the process of being registered for the current season will have an amber exclamation mark icon beside their name. This will show when a membership subscription has been initiated by the club administrator.
Registered -Members who are fully registered and have paid or been marked as paid for the current season.
- Name (Forename and Surname)
Members who have NOT been registered for the current season will have their name displayed in red text
Members who are in the process of being registered for the current season will have their name displayed in amber text.
- Members who have been registered for the current season will have their name displayed in green text.
Figure 1 - Membership Subscriptions Page
Initiate Member Subscriptions
To allow members to register via the GAA app, please follow the steps below on the GAA Management System:
- Navigate to the Members section and click on the Membership Subscriptions tab. Find the member(s) you wish to send an invite to initiate their membership subscription, if needed, use the search filters to narrow down your search.
- Ensure that the member type, membership category, player status, parental consent and membership fee associated with the member is correct. If the fees associated with a particular membership category is incorrect, please navigate to the fees section to update the payment categories.
- When all columns are filled out correctly, tick the checkbox beside the member's name.
- Click the 'Initiate Subscription' button. This will send an invite to the member via email and/or SMS to download the GAA app notify them that their registration is due.
- NOTE: The invite will be sent to both the email address and/or mobile number of the member, if these details have been provided.
- If a member does not have an email address or mobile number associated with their membership record, the administrator will receive a notification informing them that the invitation has not been sent to that member.
- The first time the invite is sent to a member, the SMS is free. However, if an administrator sends an invite to a member for a second time the SMS will incur a charge of 2 SMS credits, which will be deducted from the clubs SMS balance.
Figure 2 - Initiate Member Subscription
Send Access Code via the GAA Management System
Administrators can send app access codes to members via the GAA Management System. This action can be completed if the administrator has already initiated the subscription or if a member has already paid their membership and wants access to the GAA app. This can be completed via following the steps:
- Navigate to the Members section and click on the View Members tab. Find the member(s) to send an access code to and if needed, use the search filters to narrow down your search.
- Select the checkbox beside the user’s name and click More Actions > Send app access code.
- This will send the user an invitation to download the app and provide them with a unique access code to sign up to the GAA app.
- The invite will be sent to both the email address and mobile number of the member if they are listed within their member profile. If only one form of contact is provided, the invitation will be sent to the member's mobile or email address only.
- If a member does not have an email address or mobile number associated with their member profile, the administrator will receive a notification informing them that the invitation has not been sent to that particular member.
Figure 3 - Send Member Access Code