The Edit Member Details page provides Administrators with the ability to:
To edit the details of a member -
- Navigate to the View Members page.
- Click on the Name of the member to be edited.
- The Member Details page is displayed.
- Edit the details under the appropriate tab - Personal, Other Properties, Membership History or System Privileges.
- Click Save.
The Personal Properties page contains the members name, address and contact details;
Figure 1 - Member Personal Properties Page
Figure 2 - Other Information and Custom Properties
The Membership History page contains a record for each year a member has been registered.
On this page the administrator can;
- Unregister a member that should not be registered by selecting the check box beside the year the administrator would like to unregister the member for and click 'Delete'. A pop up box will appear after you select delete to confirm if you would like to delete their membership for that year, if you select yes you are unregistering that member for that year.
- To edit the membership type or player status of a member, Click ON a year to edit the details. Within here, you will be able to make the following changes i.e player to non-player or from social to full.
Figure 3 - Membership History Page
The System Privileges page is where the administrator can;
- Allocate administrator access to a member
- Change their user role on the system
- Reset the members password (If the member has their email address listed within their personal properties then you may also select the checkbox to notify a member by email when resetting their password)
Figure 4 - System Privileges page.
Record Communication Preferences of a Member
In order to comply with GDPR, data collectors must gain consent to collect, use and store data about individuals therefore all administrators must collect consent from their club members before sending communications.
Administrators will have the ability to record consent against a members record within the GAA Management System, consent can be updated by the administrator on behalf of the member or if the member has the GAA Mobile App they can update their consent preferences themselves which will then update on the GAA Management System.
There are currently two sets of consent which must be collected from each club member:
- Club Communications
- Additional Club Communications
Any member added to the system after May 25th will be automatically opted-out of both types of communications as per the law.
If a club member has signed a GAA registration form for the current season before the 25th of May then they are automatically opted in to receive club communications due to legitimate interest. Club communications are messages regarding club activities such as matches, training, meetings/AGM, membership renewals and community announcements.
Club members can opt out of receiving these notifications by contacting the administrator or by changing their preferences within the GAA Mobile App. If a club member opts out of club communications then they will automatically be opted out of additional club communications.
Additional Club Communications:
Even if a club member has signed a GAA registration form for the current season before the 25th of May they are automatically opted out of receiving additional club communications. Additional Club Communications are messages regarding club fundraising activities such as club lotto, fundraising draws, social events, tickets and club merchandise.
Club members can opt out of receiving these notifications by contacting the administrator or by changing their preferences within the GAA Mobile App. If a club member opts out of additional club communications they can still be opted in for the club communications.
Record consent via the GAA Management System
Administrators have the ability to record and view their members communication preferences. To view/update a members communication preference, please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the members section and click on the view members tab.
- Click on the member’s forname and their personal properties page will be displayed.
- Click on the communication preferences button.
- Tick/Untick the checkboxes depending on the members preference.
Figure 5 - Communication Preferences
Record consent via the GAA Mobile App
If the club member has the GAA mobile app, they will be able to view and update their communication preferences. To do this, the club member can follow the steps below:
- Login to the GAA Mobile App
- Click on the menu in the top left hand corner (the three horizontal lines)
- Click Settings.
- Click Contact Preferences.
- Turn on/off the buttons depending on the members preference.
- The consent preferences will be saved and updated on the GAA Management System.
Figure 6 - In App Communication Preferences