1. Official GAA Email Account
Every GAA club will have their own official GAA email address. Provide the new club administrator with the GAA club’s official email account.
- The email address will be in the following format: email@example.com.
- Request that the new club administrator changes the password of the email account.
- If you do not have access, have forgotten the password or have not yet been allocated an official GAA email address for your club, we have provided contact details to GAA headquarters below who manage the official GAA email accounts:
Phone: 00 353 18843258
2. Allocating Access to New Club Administrator
If the new administrator is on the system then they can be assigned privileges via the following steps:
- Navigate to the 'View Members' page.
- Click on the Name of the Member.
-The Member Details page is displayed.
- Click System Privileges.
- Select the appropriate User Role for the Member in question from the list of available options in the Set User Role box.
- Select the ‘Allocate a new password’ checkbox.
- Select the 'Notify Member by Email' checkbox if you would like the system to send the log in details to their email.
- Click the Submit button.
- A drop down box will appear with the member's name, username and temporary password.
- Copy the details and forward them to the member if you have not selected Notify Member by Email.
If the new administrator is not on the system please add them to your club first and then assign them login privileges. A new member can be added to your club via the following steps:
- Navigate to the 'Add Members' page.
- The Add Member page is displayed.
- Provide a value for each of the required properties:
- GAA Member Type
- DOB (Only required for Players)
- Address 1
- Address 2
3. Click the Register button.
3. Revoking Access of Outgoing Club Administrator
If you are no longer the administrator we would advise that you ask the new club administrator to revoke your system access. The new administrator can do this by following the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the ‘View Members’ page
- Click on the Name of the Member
- The ‘Member Details’ page is displayed
- Click ‘System Privileges’
- Select ‘None’ in the ‘Set User Role’ box
- Click the ‘Submit’ button