Steps for Player seeking to Transfer
A. Give Club Secretary details
- Contact the Secretary of the Club you wish to join and give him/her the following details:
- Your personal e-mail address.
- Name of the Club and County you wish to leave.
B. Club Secretary will access the Player Transfer System
- The Club Secretary will then log in to the Player Transfer System and send an online transfer application to you.
C. Player makes Online Application
- You will receive an e-mail entitled ‘Inter-County Transfer Application’.
|NOTE: Please check the junk and spam folders in your e-mail account.|
Figure 1 - E-mail to player entitled 'Inter-County Transfer Application'
Submission of Details
- Follow the ‘Click here’ link to submit the details of your application.
Figure 2 - Player's Online Application Form
Confirmation of Submission
Once you click submit, you will receive a summary of the next steps. No further action is required from you (If details are accurate).
D. Club reviews Application and submits to Central Council
- The Club you wish to join will be alerted to the fact that you’ve submitted your details.
- If inaccuracies are noted, the Club can seek an amendment from you.
- Once the Club is satisfied that your details are correct, the application will be sent to Central Council for processing.
E. Central Council processes Application
- If all of the information appears to be in order, Central Council will forward the application to all parties for consideration.
- The Club you are leaving and both Counties will receive an e-mail from Central Council and can either ‘Accept’ or ‘Object’ the application within 10 days.
F. Notification of Decision
- Both County and Club Secretaries will be notified when a decision has been made.
PLAYING FOR A NEW CLUB
- At the earliest, a player cannot play for six days after a transfer is granted in Croke Park.
- Once both County Committees are notified of a decision on a transfer application by Central Council, there is a three day period for an Appeal. This period must expire and cannot be expedited. On the expiry of these three days, a player can be registered by his Club and the transfer becomes effective.
- All players must be registered three days before a game.
- It is important to note that a player cannot apply for registration until after the time for an Appeal against such transfer has elapsed.