Master competitions can be created and used to group competitions together in the competition wizard. A new competition feed for Json/XML exists to return the competitions in a new structure.
This structure allows the GAA to group multiple child competitions under a single parent competition, which will see a historical record being created.
Sport > Parent Competition > Competition Instance
Hurling > National Hurling League > National Hurling League 2013 Hurling > National Hurling League > National Hurling League 2014 Hurling > National Hurling League > National Hurling League 2015
- Under the competition module, select the new tab called master competitions.
- Add a number of new competitions and edit the current master competitions to ensure that details are saved and updated correctly.
- Under the competitions tab, select a competition already created and navigate to step 2 of the wizard. Check that the drop down called competition group contains the list of master competitions
- Select a master competition in the drop down and save.
NOTE: The new feed is based on returning the new competition structure so therefore if a competition has not set a master competition it will not be returned in the feed.
The list of competitions can be queried using the parameters set out below (parameters are case sensitive):
- id (the id of the master competition)
- ownerId (the owner id of the master competition e.g GAA owned comps will have an owner id of 1)
- code (“FOOTBALL”,”HURLING”)
- level (“SENIOR”, “INTERMEDIATE”,”JUNIOR”,”U21”,”MINOR”,”JUVENILE”,”UNDERAGE”)
- type (“INTER_COUNTY”,”PROVINCE”,”CLUB”,”INTER_FIRM”,”THIRD_LEVEL”,”SCHOOL”)
An example call to the feed will be: