Step by Step Guide to Bulk Re-register Members
The Bulk Re-register Members function enables the Club Administrator to re-register a large number of unregistered club members at the same time by uploading an Excel document in CSV format.
To Bulk Re-register Members -
- Go to Members > Register Members
- Click 'More Actions'
- Click 'Bulk Reregister'.
Figure 1 - Bulk Re-register Members Page.
- Click 'Click Here' under Step 1 to download and then open the pre-populated template containing last years registration details for all currently unregistered members.
- #Member ID - the 7 digit number stored with a member when they are added to the system.
- #LGFA Player Type - must be 'Player' or 'NonPlayer'.
- #LGFA Member Type -
- If LGFA Player Type = 'Player', Member Type must be: U10, U12-U18, Adult, G4M&O.
- If LGFA Player Type = 'NonPlayer', Member Type must be: Team Official, Match Official, Administrator, Coach.
- #Parental Consent - can be Y or N.
- #InjuryFund - can be Y or N.
- In order for the upload to be successful, columns must be in the order shown above.
- Column Names must begin with the '#' key as shown above.
- Do not insert a '#' key anywhere else in the spreadsheet other than the Column headings.
- All columns must be filled in.
- Edit the fields for each member you would like to re-register with the correct information.
- Once the spreadsheet is complete click 'File' and 'Save As'.
- Give the spreadsheet an appropriate name, ensure the file type is 'CSV (Comma Delimited)'.
- Once you are aware of where you are saving the file to (e.g Desktop, My Documents) click 'Ok'.
- On the LGFA Management system, Click 'Choose file' as shown in Figure 1.
- Locate the Bulk Reregister Members file on your computer, click on the file name.
- Click 'Open'.
- 'File Ready to Upload' will appear beside the attachment.
- Click 'Preview'.
- The Preview page will show you -
Total Number of Members Previewed.
Total Number of Members with Good(valid) data.
Total Number of Members with Bad(invalid) data.
- Hover over the column names to see the validation for each column.
Figure 2 - Bad Data Records
Export Bad Records
- 'Export Bad Records' will export the members that contain 'bad data' to a new spreadsheet to enable you to make changes to the errors.
- The fields that contain invalid data will be highlighted in red
- After the last column you can see information on how to correct the invalid data.
- Correct the fields that contain invalid data.
- Save the file as 'CSV (Comma Delimited)'.
- Follow the steps above to import the corrected file.