The Families Section enables the Club Administrator to link family members together under the one Family Name. You can view a list of the Families created in your Club by going to the 'Families' tab in the Members Section.
If the parent/guardian(s) of juvenile player are not members in the club, you will need to add them as contact first before creating the family. To see how to create a contact click here.
Figure 1 - Families Page
Create a family
- Click on the members section
- Go to Families
- Click 'Add'
- Provide information for -
Figure 1 - Step 1 of Add Family Details
- You can search for a particular member using the search function, select a field to search by such as 'Surname'.
- NOTE: If the family member is stored as a Contact rather than a member you will need to select 'Contacts/Members' from the search list and select 'Contact', click 'Search' to return a list of all contacts in the club. An example search might be -
- Select 'Contact/Members' and choose Contact.
- Click the '+' sign to the right hand side of the screen.
- From the new drop down list select 'Surname' and enter the members surname in the blank text box e.g 'Brown'
- Click 'Search' - this will show all Contacts within the system that go by the surname Brown.
Figure 3 - Step 2 Add Family Members
- Out of the family members you can select -
- Head of Household (This property links with the Fees Management functionality and will be the name that appears here).
- Primary Contact (This property identifies who to contact regarding the family).
- Primary Address (This property links with Communications Functionality for Mail).
- Click Finish.
Figure 4 - Step 3 Assignees
Add a member to a family
There are two ways to add a member to a family-
- Go to Families
- Click on the Family name you wish to add a member to
- Go to Step 2 of the Wizard and add the member as shown in Figure 3, Step 2 of the Wizard above.
- Complete the wizard and click 'Finish'.
- Go to View Members page
- Search for the member and click on their name to view their properties.
Figure 5 - Search for Family Name.
- In the Family Details search box type the name of the family, the system will begin searching and produce a valid result if the family name exists
- Click on the Family name to add the Member to the Family.
- Click 'Submit'.
Figure 6 - Add the Member to the Family.
Create A Family whilst adding a new member
When adding a new member you can also create a new family all from within the one page -
- Complete the Add New Member form with the new members details.
- In the 'Add to Family' box click "Can't find the family you are looking for? Click here to add a new one".
- An 'Add New Family' box will appear, enter the member who is to be the Head of Household and enter the Family Name.
- If the Head of Household does not exist as a member in the system click 'OR click here to add a new member'. Otherwise click 'Save' to close the Add New Family Box and click 'Register' to save your new member with the family.
- If you have clicked 'OR click here to add a new member' you will see an 'Add New Member' box - enter the Head of Household details. Note: if the Head of Household is NOT a club member set them as a 'Contact'.
- Click Save to close the Add New Member box.
- Click Save to close the Add New Family box.
- Click Register to save and register the new member with the new family.
Figure 7 - Creating a new family when adding a new member.