Communications for Fixtures and Results
The Communications section provides the Competition Administrator and Club Administrator users with the ability to:
- Search and View Fixture Competitions
- Resend the most recent SMS
- Change the Official
- Edit the Fixture
It introduces the Traffic Light Concept which allows the user to view a status on the communication for a fixture or a result.
A key for the traffic light concept is provided below-
Traffic Light Colour
Table 1 - Traffic Light Key for Features
Traffic Light Colour
Table 2 - Traffic Light Key for Results
Search and View Fixture Communications
To view Communications for a fixture follow these steps:
- In the Competition Section click Fixtures then Communications.
- This page will automatically show all fixtures, select a particular fixture by manually scrolling through the list and clicking the tickbox beside that fixture.
Figure 1 - View Communications - All Fixtures
3. Or use the Competition Filter to select one Competiton to see its Fixtures
Figure 2 - View Communications - Particular Competition selected using the Competition Filter Option
The following information is displayed for each fixture:
- ‘Show All’ Option (Fixtures)
- Traffic Light Condition
- Fixture Info
- Fixture Date/Time
- SMS Type
- Message Sent
- Time Sent
- Time Replied
Resend the most recent SMS
This option allows the user to resend the most recent SMS sent. Reasons for doing this might be because the intended receiver of the SMS did not receive or reply to a previous SMS Communication.
To resend the most recent SMS to the Official of one or more Fixtures follow these steps:
- Use the tickbox beside each fixture to select one or more fixture.
- Click the Resend button. A confirmation message will appear on the screen as to whether or not the SMS was resent. If they have not previously been sent an SMS for a fixture that has already been played the SMS will request a result from the referee. If it is a fixture due to be played it will send availability request SMS to the referee.
Figure 3 - Resend SMS - One Fixture selected and ready to Resend.
The ‘Communications’ button in the Results page is useful when
- A result is pending (if you are waiting on a reply from the referee with a final score and you want to Resend an SMS prompting the score.)
- If there is dispute over a score (to see what score the referee replied)
Use the tickbox provided to select and view this information for a Result.
Clicking on ‘Communications’ without individually selecting a Result will navigate you to the same page as ‘Fixtures’ > ‘Communications’.
This section enables you to change the Official for a Fixture, this may be because the chosen Official is unavailable and another Official needs to be selected.
To change the Official of a Fixture follow these steps:
- Navigate to Competitions>Fixtures >Communications
- Select a Fixture using the tickbox (You can only change one Official at a time)
- Click Change Official
Figure 4 - Change Official
4. On appearance of the dialogue box the user can edit/enter information for the following values:
- Standyby Referee
- Sideline Official
- Notify Current Officials of Removal
- Notify New Officials of Appointment
NOTE: If you choose to Notify Current Officials of Removal and to Notify New Officials of Appointment, the current and new Match Officials will receive these notifications to their registered mobile number. The Competition Administrator will need to navigate to the Communications page to view and confirm these messages have been sent.
5. Click 'Update'.
Edit the Fixture
This section allows the user to edit the details of a Fixture in the system.
To do this follow these steps:
- Navigate to Competitions>Fixtures>Communications
- Select a fixture within the list that you wish to edit.
- Click Edit Fixture
Figure 5 - Edit Fixture
4. Edit the information for the following values:
- No exact date
- Notify Referee of Change: the referee will receive a notification to their registered mobile number
5. Click 'Update'