Annual Club Update
Club administrators are required to complete a six step process, which is known as the annual club update when they log into the GAA Management System (people.gaa.ie).
The information collected in these steps will be used to ensure maximum efficiency within the GAA Management System as well as enabling functionality such as payments and club communications via the official GAA mobile app.
This process has been broken down into six simple steps across three broad categories. When these steps have been completed, the club administrator will be able to proceed to the system as normal. However, the process can be temporarily bypassed but must be completed at a later date. The three categories and corresponding steps are outlined below:
The information collected in the steps outlined below will enable the club and club officers to be identified correctly. Both of these steps are mandatory and will require the club administrator to confirm and update the details where necessary.
Membership and Payments:
The official GAA mobile app will allow members to pay for membership subscriptions to their club. To utilise this functionality, the club administrator will have to set up membership categories with corresponding fees and enter their account details, which will automatically set up an online account with the payment provider, Stripe, enabling the club to receive online payments.
Please be advised that if a club does not wish to enable payments via the mobile app, the club administrator does not need to provide their club account details and they can skip step four, however, they are still required to set up their club’s membership categories and fees.
The information collected in the steps outlined below will allow clubs to utilise an improved functionality for club communications. Clubs will be able to communicate to their members for free via the official GAA mobile app. Both of the steps outlined below are mandatory and will require the club administrator to confirm and update the details of the teams/groups where necessary.
Figure 1 - Annual Club Update
Annual Club Update Completed
If a club administrator logs into the GAA Management System after the 12th of December 2018 and they are not prompted to complete the annual club update, then it is likely that another administrator within their club has already completed this process.
To confirm if another club administrator has completed this process, please check the following sections of the GAA management system:
- Club Admin - Check if the club details are up to date and if a club crest has been uploaded for the upcoming season.
- Club Executive - Check the executive committee within committees tab of the members section to confirm if the relevant individuals have been assigned the correct positions for the upcoming season.
- Membership Categories and Fees - Check if the membership categories within the fees section have been correctly set up with the correct fees for the upcoming season.
- Account Details - Check if the payment provider tab has been completed to allow for the club to receive payments from their members via the official GAA mobile app.
- Teams/Groups - Check the teams and groups tabs within the members section to confirm if the teams and groups have been updated for the upcoming season.
Figure 2 - Annual Club Update
Please be advised that when a club administrator has completed a step, they will be able to go back and make changes to the step if need be. Administrators should ensure all details have been correctly entered and reviewed before completing all the steps of the annual club update.