Address Labels & Mail Merge
Club administrators and SMS users can create address labels and mail merge within this section of the management system.
Create Address Labels
To create address labels follow these steps:
1. Click Communications --> Address Labels
2. You will be presented with a table of all the groups associated with the Club, select the groups you want address labels for by ticking the radio button in the left most column
3. Click Labels --> All Addresses/Group Addresses
Figure 1 - Address Labels Page and Address Labels Button
Create a mail merge
- Output information about your members by going to Communications > Address Labels
- Select the group you want to send letters to by ticking the appropriate radio button
- Click Mail Merge > All Addresses / Group Addresses
Figure 2 - Address Labels Page - Creating a Mail Merge
- Save this file somewhere you will be able to find it easily e.g. your desktop
- Open a new Word document
- Click Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard
Figure 3 - Go to the Mail Merge Wizard in a new Microsoft Word document
- A menu will appear on the right hand side (as below), select 'letters' then click 'next' in the bottom right
Figure 4 - Step 1 of the Mail Merge Wizard (MS Word) - select the type of document you are working on. In this case a letter
- You can use templates or you can just create your own letter. If you are creating your own letter, type it out now. Then click 'Next' in the bottom right.
- The title of this menu should be 'Select recipients'(as below), make sure 'use an existing list' is specified.
Figure 5 - Step 3 of the Mail Merge Wizard (MS Word) - select recipients - Use an Existing List
- Then click 'browse', find the location where you seved the address labels file and select it (as below).
Figure 6 - Select Data Source
- Click Next on the next screen
- On the next pop-up click the Connection tab
- Make sure the Data Source Name is Excel Files
- Type in Admin into the Username
- check the check box beside Blank Password
- Click OK
Figure 7 - Data Link Properties
- In the next window, find and select the Excel file that you downloaded from the system
- Click OK
Figure 8 - Select Workbook
- Click Next in the next window
- In the next window type a description and name of your connection (optional)
- Click Finish
- Check the check boxes of the recipients you want to include in your merge
- Click OK
- When asked for the address label type input the make (eg Avery) and the version of the address labels (eg L7161) you have
Figure 9 - Select Recipients
- Your Mail Merge has now been set up
- Click "Next: Write Your Letter" in the bottom right
- Click 'Address block', and 'Greeting line' on the right hand side and whichever other information is needed for your letter.
Figure 10 - Creating your letter - Click More Items to use other fields in the database e.g. name, surname, city etc. throughout your letter
- To view a preview of the letter click on 'Next: preview your letters' in the bottom right.
- To print your letters click on 'Next :complete the merge' then click on 'Print'